Archive for 'FAQ'
4. If you’re decorating with candles, Ashland Basic Elements Pillar Votives burn for 12 hours!
5. Tell vendors what you can afford to spend up-front. Not only does this save everyone time and back-and-forth emails but most vendors are actually more than happy to work with your budget.
6. Ebay, for new and pre-owned items, and Etsy are great spots for all the little things; cake toppers, money envelope holders etc.
7. For lovely and free printable save the date and wedding invitation templates, go to weddingchicks.com, loveandlavender.com and domestifluff.com.
8. Break in your bridal shoes before the big day.
9. Wedding favors are nice but not necessary. At the end of the day most people forget to take them or lose them.
10. Don’t do anything to your hair (cut, color, Keratin Treatment etc.) any sooner than 2 weeks before the wedding day. One of our vendors shared a terrifying story about a blond dye job gone bad.
- Lauren G.
I cannot express enough that at a wedding or any other big event, it is important to have someone who can keep things on schedule for you and your guests. Even though many event spaces employ wonderful banquet managers and on-site coordinators, a planner you have personally hired will have a deeper understanding of your vision, and what makes your event unique. But it goes beyond just the set up of the event, it is ensuring that your parents do not miss your cake cutting, your first dance, and making sure that you get to see everything in its beauty, just like all of the countless inspiration photos you had saved to your hard drive.
Question: The venue that I’m getting married at told me I don’t need a consultant. Why would they say this?As with all types of vendors, sometimes venues have had bad experiences with wedding planners. This is usually due to the planner not being professional or respectful of other vendors or the property. We pride ourselves on working as well with the vendors as we do with our clients. These are valuable relationships that we will be working with time and time again, and we foster strong business relationships. A vendor referral is the highest compliment you can be paid!
nicole brennan . 302.545.0412 . firstname.lastname@example.org . wilmington